Oh For Some Normalcy. Part 2

I never have anything wrong with me that's normal.

Never a stomach flu or a broken leg or a migraine. It's always something odd that the doctors have no explanation for.

I get to be the one with a wart that feels like glass in my foot, or an extremely painful ingrown hair, or arthritis due to a shuffle board puck being flung at my ankle.

And now it's this random shaking and muscle twitching that I just can't stop. About every other day now, one of my limbs will start shaking uncontrollably for at least 30 minutes to a couple hours. It's ok if it happens when I'm lying down, but when I'm trying to edit a figure or lead a meeting for 20 students, or counsel someone as they pour out their soul, it's rather inconvenient.

I wish I could just brush it off and say it'll go away with time. I wish I could say it doesn't worry me and that I'm probably just over dramatic and starved for attention. But there's something that turns in my stomach every time it happens and makes me wonder what the heck is wrong with me.

I frankly don't know what to do about it anymore or what to think. I guess I'll just keep praying.

0 comments: