A New Face to God

Do you ever picture God one way when you pray to him? I think I always have some sort of image in my mind, even if it's sometimes just subconscious.

But recently, every time I pray, I think of God as a giddy school boy who has a gift to give me but the time has not come yet for him to give it. And so he is just bursting at the seems with a desire to tell me the secret which he cannot tell.

I haven't determined if this is indicative of the season of life I'm in, or just that my view of God has changed entirely. No longer is he always a stern and mean God who seeks to take away every good thing for the sake of "refining my character". No, instead, He is a God who desperately desires to lavishly bless me, but must wait for the right time so as not to spoil the surprise...or worse...to spoil me.

Not completely sure what to make of that...but something to ponder.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm smiling at that image. :)