Completely Dealt With

Funny how God will often use the physical to demonstrate what is going on internally.

This summer I had a cancerous mole removed off my back. Literally took about the whole summer to deal with it. (Gross...I know.) At first I was sad to be rid of it. It was kind of a part of me for as long as I can remember. But when I finally got the stitches out last week and heard that they had removed all the bad cells, I felt like a whole new person. I immediately went on a 5 mile run...I was so overjoyed.

At the same time this summer I have been going to counseling to deal with some things that have haunted me since I was a child. I never thought I could actually be completely freed from them. I thought it was just a part of who I was. But during my last session, we prayed a long prayer of forgiveness, and something was different. For the first time in my life I felt completely free. And what happened when I was young was completely dealt with. The haunting memories will no longer plague me. I have been freed. Forever. Hallelujah. Praise God!

0 comments: